Side Crunch at Home: Quite literally, a crunch with a twist! Frequently confused with the bicycle crunch, this variation strengthens the upper abs and obliques inward. Your abdominal muscles will feel the burn with each movement of this exercise.
Side Crunch At Home
Side Crunch – Requirements
Equipment required: Mat (optional)
Sets & reps: 3 sets of 15-20 reps each
Intensity: Low (beginner)
How to do side crunch?
- With your knees bent, lie flat on your back on the floor.
- Place your hands slightly over your ears, touching the side of your head with your fingers.
- Raise your upper body alternately in the direction of either knee. You can attempt this by bringing your right elbow into contact with your left knee.
- Curl your upper body up and twist to build stress in the major target area, the upper abs.
- Hold for a few seconds before gradually resuming the beginning posture. This is one repetition.
Tip: This exercise is a modification of the standard crunch; in that it involves rising the torso in the crunch but with a slight twist in the side crunch.